The following pictures are just some of the steps I took when finally constructing the house. Each one of my bricks in painted individually (which I did while watching seasons one through 6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer). Dying the shingles dyed my hands for about 3 days (even though I wore gloves) and eventually I decided to ditch the original porch posts and some of the railings because they came out so crooked.
Finally, after months of work (don't even get me started on wiring the @#$%ing thing!) the house currently looks like this on the outside:
Except now it has some porch lights. Anyway, next time I'll show what I've done to the inside.